Friday, July 6, 2007

Pride.

Yeah, yeah, I know it goeth before a Fall. But when I got off the subway at 42nd Street the other day and saw this beautiful relief housing a simple sign, it made me think of another sort of pride. Pride in your work and your craft. So much of what is produced online today is absolute crap. Yes, a lot of the people doing the work have great illustration skills, but that does not make them great illustrators. I took the photo above, but I am no photographer and wish it were better.

The point is, production values matter. They communicate how much a company cares about its work and its products.

PS. You can see this sign when you exit or enter the 4,5,6 trains from what used to be the old Bowery Savings Bank building. It is now a Cipriani's restaurant. O tempore, o mores!

No comments: