Monday, August 20, 2007

HDNA & Sony.

I read in Ad Age recently about Sony's new brand campaign which they are calling HDNA, ie. HD (high-def) is in their DNA. I saw one of their online ads this morning on the NY Times site and I thought it was very attractive and attention getting. Curiosity, and some residual affinity toward Sony prompted me to click on the ad.

Now, here's where I got disappointed. Sony carries a price premium. I was given no reasons to spend $100 extra or more on a parity piece of machinery. My entire career I've been accused of being too rational. But darn, if you're gonna get extra money from me, I want at least a slim scintilla of a permission to believe. Otherwise I'll buy something else.

Not much of a brand resuscitation. Though I do like the graphics.

No comments: