Tuesday, June 3, 2008

"Holding company dumbness."

Or perhaps "Meeting organizer dumbness."

My wife and I both work for different agencies in the same holding company. I suppose to save money, this holding company's email system includes everyone who works for the entire holding company, not just your individual agency. So, if someone types our last name, since my first name precedes hers in the alphabet, my name comes up before hers.

As a consequence, about once a week I get invited to a meeting at her agency.

Nitwits, halfwits, dimwits.

2 comments:

Tore Claesson said...

you should go. would be fun to see the reactions.

once i went to the wrong meeting. I couldn't understand why I didn't recognize ANYBODY before the meeting started and i realized i didn't work for the tractor manufacturer that had gathered at this very same hotel as my client was holding a meeting at.

Anonymous said...

I work in a grocery store and a few years ago management eliminated the outlook express system for the division here in AZ and replaced it with a webmail system so bad that regular email addresses could not be used. The scanners at my store had to type in something like a344g56(at) exchange to send something to the corporate scanning office. For awhile store reports had to be faxed into the various corporate office departments because email was too slow. I remember my assistant store director claimed that she emailed something to another store and it took over 4 hours to get there.

This wasn't at some little retailer just starting up, this was at the Kroger (Fry's) division here in AZ, and was probably nationwide. I thought they would have tested the system first, but that is me.