Saturday, July 25, 2009

Late breaking hotdog news and a metaphor.


I just came across this in The New York Times. It seems that the Oscar Meyer Weiner mobile has crashed into a house in Racine, Wisconsin. I suppose if you have the appetite for it, you can read the whole thing here: http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/25/a-busy-time-on-the-wienermobile-beat/?hp

Now I've always been a Hebrew National man myself. However, I won't bring religion into it. It does seem to be an apt metaphor for brands that work hard to create an image and then do something ruinous to that image. Like crash into your house.

3 comments:

KAZZIECHAMELEON said...

we answer to a higher authority

Tore Claesson said...

I reckon the driver didn't think the sausage was particularly filling...

Teenie said...

Looks more like a Freudian metaphor to me.