Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I'm not drunk.

I woke up this morning with an unusual feeling. I realized I didn't dread going in to work. Yes, I had a bunch of soul-sucking meetings already piling onto my Microsoft Calendar. Yes, I had the nitty-gritty of a couple of asinine assignments to attend to. Yes, I even had to "register" for my agency's offsite.

All things I find pretty odious.

But still, I didn't dread going in.

Here's the thing: I love advertising.

I love the work of having ideas, of solving problems. I love the pressure of the deadline. I love the energy it takes to sell something. I love the arguments, the fights. I love writing copy. I love doing work that I like. I love seeing ads run. I love advertising.

Outside of being a small forward for the Knicks, I don't know what else I'd rather do.

Yes, there are moments, weeks and even months where you can't stand the asses you work with and for. Where it seems like everyone has over-dosed on stupidity pills. Where it's all you can do not to rage and storm.

But even though there are times when it sucks,
I love advertising.

2 comments:

Bukes said...

George. You really, really get it. That's why I check your blog more times a day than Agency Spy.

george tannenbaum said...

Bukes, I try all things. I achieve what I can.