Monday, July 23, 2012

Bullies.

Ever since I was a tiny kid I have waged an ongoing battle with bullies.

I hate bullies. Next to Nazis, I hate bullies more than anything.

Maybe it's because I was bullied so much and so relentlessly by my older brother and my mother.

But that's a topic for another day's therapy.

What occurs to me is that much in my everyday life (and maybe yours) is a battle against bullyism. The preying upon the small by the large, the weak by the strong.

Bullyism exists in agencies.

Bosses who don't know how to do anything but shit in your pool.

Back-offices that make the people who are the agency's bread and butter, feel miserable.

Clients who demand dumbness and beat down your resistance to it.

A political system (I am going macro now) that rigs the game for the rich and against the poor.
So the rich get richer and the poor pay taxes.

Bullies disgust me.

Yet there is so much bullying in our lives.

No comments: