Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wrapping.

I'm packing up this morning having finished three long days of shooting on the Left Coast. It's always hard packing up. Not because I am sentimental or I don't want to go home. It's hard closing my bag having taken so many bottles of jasmine-cucumber-kale shampoo from the hotel.

I finally got it closed five minutes ago and I'm ready to go.

It was a good shoot. My partner, producer, the director and I did a good job casting. Out of the 30 or so people we chose, only four stunk. And even from them, we'll probably get something usable.

We were also good at scheduling our days efficiently. So our obstreperous celebrity talent had nothing outside of his brain-chemistry to be obstreperous about. We were ready to shoot when he arrive on location. And we wrapped with him early. That kind of thing counts as courteous consideration and goes a long way.

There were of course the usual monkey wrenches, but nothing we haven't seen or dealt with before. And after pretty much a week in production "Das Boot" no one wants to kill anyone else, including the client.

All-in-all it went well.

Of course our editor might think otherwise.

But I think we did our job.

Time for my last sinfully-expensive breakfast.

No comments: